CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, July 8, 2013

Fun at the Zoo

Fun at the Zoo

So, in an effort to document the days with my wee little baby, I am going to attempt to take more photos of the Saint Vincent adventures and blog about them. Step one: someone must teach me to use a camera. Seriously- all the photos I took today are ridiculously horrible! I know I can do better. If you are out there reading this and can help me- PLEASE do so. 

Today, Morrison and I were invited to go to the zoo with my friend Kim. We had a great time. Really, I had a great time- Morrison just slept, although I think he was quite interested in the trees there- for the 5 minutes he was awake that is. :)

First stop was the lions. I almost never have seen them in the outside portion of the exhibit, so that was cool to see them out. They were pacing outside the door waiting for their breakfast! 

 Next up- The polar bears. :) Here is your first example of horrible photography- Nice rear dude... Oye... At least I got one of the front end too. He was also hungry and staring at the gates... Glad those cages are nice and sturdy!

 After that we stopped for some breakfast- Had a nice chat with Eden, Kimmy's daughter. She was very distressed because she left her "big baby" in the stroller while Kim took the twins on a stroller lap to calm them down to sleep. Good thing mommy was just around the corner! :) After eating time, we locked and loaded and headed back off. Next stop: elephants. (But not until BOTH thumbs are in my mouth mom...)

 At this point- we decided we were a little cranky, so Morrison got his lion hat on, and hunkered down for a nice little nap so momma could enjoy the rest of zoo time.

We got to see some monkeys...


Yet another example of my stunning photography. Good grief- I tried at least 5 times to not get a blurry one of the gorilla. Below you can see my best and worst shots. The sad part is there isn't much difference...

 He was laying on his back with his legs crossed up on the wall. Too funny.

 Last stop was the bears- again with the butt shots- I don't know. I tried... Anyway, I learned from Kim that this exhibit was a landmark for its time and was one of the first habitat-like enclosure for animals built out of rock in 1918. Kinda neat...
 Finally, I got tired and decided to let Eden take on the heavy workload on the way out. Such a good helper. :)



Such a nice day! Thanks Kim for the invite! Hope to go back soon and practice my photography skills...

1 comments:

Annette

Looks like a lot of fun at the zoo. Your photos capture the day well. Photographing wild animals is hard, especially in bright mid day sun or in the poorly lit interiors. The thing I've most learned to improve my photography is mostly just take lots of photos, everyday, practice, practice, practice. Another I've found is to look at other photos that I like and try to see exactly how they're framing the photo, what's happening with the lighting, etc. Then I practice applying it as best I can. Have fun!

Post a Comment